Monday, August 1, 2011

T-Minus 12 Days and Counting

Where in the world has the summer gone?  I have 4 days left here at Iowa State and then I pack up and head home for a week before leaving for Tanzania.  It's hard to believe that it's only 12 days away.  I think it's finally starting to set in.  I had to say goodbye to my sister yesterday.  She is leaving today to go to France to visit our foreign exchange student Aurelie.  It will be her first real travel adventure by herself and I am so excited for her! That being said, I won't see her for 5 months and that will definitely be rough.  I ordered the last of my textbooks today.  Hopefully, I will be able to leave them in Tanzania so that I will have more room to bring back souvenirs!  My new sleeping bag just came in the mail and my camp towel should be arriving soon.  I've got all of my things for Tanzania packed up in a laundry basket right now, so the only difficult part now should be making everything fit.  Well, I'm back to work here at Iowa State.  I'll be updating you as things get a little closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment