Sunday, August 14, 2011

In Zurich, Switzerland

So we made it to Switzerland! It's noon here and 4:55 a.m. back home.  Not quite sure how much sleep I got on the flight but it will have to suffice since we are going out to explore the city today!  The staff on the flight were amazing and the food was SO good. I never thought I would be saying that about airplane food, but seriously, they served us hot fresh rolls for dinner, with chicken, rice, a wonderful green salad, and brownie for dessert.  And they also gave us breakfast!  And to top it off, there was no one sitting in the seat next to me so I got two seats all to myself!  Only minor issue: I had expected to get my checked bags in Zurich, but apparently they are being sent straight through to Dar.  But, I think I have everything I need, minus any new clothes.  We found the shuttle to the hotel all right and are now waiting for our room.  They switched us from a 2 person to a 3 person room so now all three of us have a bed!  The weather is absolutely beautiful here.  Probably 70 degrees and sunny.  Looking forward to exploring the city today and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.


In the Chicago Airport

Switzerland!

Waiting for our hotel room

No comments:

Post a Comment